Thanks for considering attending a UBS Work Weekend! These weekends are a great opportunity to connect with other volunteers and get your hands dirty.
We do have some rules required by the property owners for our work weekends and the Unbroken Spring event.
- No person under 21 years of age may be on property
- No animals are allowed on property, with the exception of service animals per the American for Disabilities Act.
2020 WORK WEEKEND CALENDAR
Saturday 10 am – Sunday 5 pm
Feb 1-2 2nd work weekend facebook event
Feb 14-15 3rd work weekend event
Feb 29-Mar 1 Final work weekend event
Mar 14-15 Install weekend
SAMPLE WEEKEND SCHEDULE SAT 10 AM CHECK IN project & task briefing Trim tree limbs along Main Street Clean Ops area and Reinforce bridges 1 PM LUNCH and then group walkabout Clear camping areas Clean/Reinforce shower area and facilities Map Campsites for work needed and muddy areas 7 PM DINNER - main dish provided; bring your own drink & vessel *we welcome any side dish or dessert you love to share! SUN 9 AM BREAKFAST Check out walkway into hanging gardens Finish unfinished work Jump in the lake!
This is a radically self-reliant event!
What to bring:
- water | food | drinking vessel
- appropriate clothes (boots and long pants are useful on property)
- hat | sunscreen | mosquito spray
- work gloves | headlamp/flashlight
- tent | firewood
- Tools: line trimmers | lopers | axes | hatchets | saws | shovels hoes | pole saws | drills prefer battery powered
- whatever else you need to feel comfortable
Please create a profile on www.houstonburners.org if you would like to attend a work weekend.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.