Thanks for considering attending a UBS Work Weekend! These weekends are a great opportunity to connect with other volunteers and get your hands dirty.
UBS Work Weekends will adhere to the same COVID-19 guidelines as for UnBroken Spring 2022. There will be a Gate at each work weekend and everyone will need to check in upon arrival.
Work Weekend GATE GUIDELINES
All work weekend volunteers will need to SIGN UP in advance, this helps to estimate the number of volunteers for Hospitality and for COVID-19 precautions. Work Weekend Sign Up form coming soon.
- All work weekend participants must be fully vaccinated Bring your proof of vaccination to show at the work weekend Gate.
- There will be a COVID-19 screening each volunteer will complete at Gate.
- There will be bandanas or arm-bands when you check in to indicate individuals that ask others to maintain social distance.
Animals are not allowed at the camping event, nor any of the work weekends. *Service Animals are exempt, and must be pre-registered and leashed at all times. Rights and Responsibilities of People Using Service Animals.
2022 WORK WEEKEND CALENDAR
-Saturday 10 am – Sunday 5 pm-
January 29-30 *at Houston Burners warehouse w some Virtual training
February 12-13 – on property Work Weekend Steak your Claim
February 26-27 – on property Work Weekend
*March 5-6 -back up for rain delay
SAMPLE WEEKEND SCHEDULE SAT 10 AM CHECK IN project & task briefing Trim tree limbs along Main Street Clean Ops area and Reinforce bridges 1 PM LUNCH and then group walkabout Clear camping areas Clean/Reinforce shower area and facilities Map Campsites for work needed and muddy areas 7 PM DINNER - main dish provided; bring your own drink & vessel *we welcome any side dish or dessert you love to share! SUN 9 AM BREAKFAST Check out walkway into hanging gardens Finish unfinished work Jump in the lake!
This is a radically self-reliant event!
What to bring:
- water | food | drinking vessel
- appropriate clothes (boots and long pants are useful on property)
- hat | sunscreen | mosquito spray
- work gloves | headlamp/flashlight
- tent | firewood
- Tools: line trimmers | lopers | axes | hatchets | saws | shovels hoes | pole saws | drills prefer battery powered
- whatever else you need to feel comfortable
Please create a profile on www.houstonburners.org if you would like to attend a work weekend.
Please contact if you have any questions.