There are more and more ways to connect with burners these days...
December 1st: FIRST HUMP CHURCH NIGHT @ 2016 Johanna Dr. Warehouse
UBS Theme Voting and Art Car Project: join an art car decorating event.
December 11th: UBS VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION PARTY Houston Burners is hosting a special, one-evening event for the Spirit of Volunteering. If you have ever volunteered at Lunacy or UnBroken Spring, or intend to in the future, then you're invited!! What a delight it would be to see those that rarely make it to Church Night or have taken a step back from the Burner life. Come say hello! Please RSVP!
January 11th, 2022: RANGER SAFETY VOLUNTEER TRAINING Save the Date - details coming soon!
January 12th: FIRST 2022 CHURCH NIGHT @ Warehouse Art Grant Donor Vote: Artists Meet & Greet Night! Also vote which 2022 art project(s) to fund! >Check out UBS 2022 Artists, Teams & Projects at this link <
January 29-30: VOLUNTEER WEEKEND @ 2016 Johanna Dr. Warehouse: Volunteer Orientation, Trainings and Social
UBS Volunteer Sign Up
MARCH 17-20: UnBROKEN SPRING 2022
unBroken Spring 2022 Event Planning
Initial plans and meetings are underway for UBS March 17-20th, 2022. We need a theme! Submit your idea to be voted on at First Hump Church Night of December 1st, 2021.
Volunteering is crucial to the preparation, daily progress, and continuance of our event. Community input and volunteer participation will be instrumental in determining the number of attendees, i.e. tickets that can be released.
Please signup to volunteer
2016 Johanna St. Community Warehouse
Current activity at the warehouse includes Warehouse Wednesdays. The CDC guidelines have recently changed to recommend that all individuals where masks when indoors, whether vaccinated or not. We are monitoring public announcements from the Harris County Health website. If you are interested in small group access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coronavirus precautions: radically inclusive with cautionary actions to ensure the safety of our diverse participants. RESPECT:
- Consent matters- Ask, rather than assume, if it is OK to hug, touch, or be in someone’s space.
- Wear your face mask based on local public health guidelines! to protect others who may be at high risk
- Maintain social distance.
- Distanced street parking leaves more space on the “patio” to talk outside and make some plans
- Best practices include: Disinfection of spaces before and after small gatherings, A collaborative intention to keep everyone safe. Handwashing and staying home when feeling COVID like symptoms or following known COVID exposure.
- If you feel unsafe, say so and find a way to make it better for everyone
- Board members all have keys and will be the leads on the micro meetups this month
- Sign up for a micro meetup HERE!
- Bring a face covering and wash your hands!
- Come explore the work space and build some dreams for future teamwork.
S E E Y ‘ A L L T H E R E ! ! ! !
If you're looking for info from announcements over the past year, please visit our archival page > Past Announcements.