COMMUNITY UnBroken spring participant poll
- Concerns about using VaxYes (any vaccine tracking system)
- Others felt that vaccines are a medical experiment, and unfair to require.
- Several people find it unfair and illogical to require vaccine but not a negative covid-19 test.
- Several other folks felt they would only be comfortable attending with the vaccine requirement.
- Others felt that vaccinations ran counter to a desire to burn free from government and societal expectations.
- Several other folks expressed continued frustration with repeated cancelled events, feeling burned out.
- Several others remain worried about another cancellation.
- Others noted “Let’s Rock’n Roll,” and “Ready to burn!”
It was not an easy decision to exclude people that are not vaccinated. The requirement was in place before Omicron and its developing subvariants, and is still in alignment with CDC guidance which continues to recommend vaccinations. The requirement was informed by direct feedback from critical volunteer leadership across UBS departments, and supported by the majority of people who completed this poll. COVID-19 vaccinations reduce the severity and longevity of symptoms, as well as the risk of hospitalization.
In the weeks prior to the event, PCR testing is recommended for anyone with symptoms or known exposure. Given the costs of organizing required testing at gate, organizers have avoided testing requirements but want to encourage self-testing day of gate for all participants (4 free testing kits per person- order 7-12 days in advance https://special.usps.com/testkits.)
UBS 2022 projections are looking good!