The Collaborative Houston Art & Performance Society is the non-profit organization that handles legal and financial items for the Houston Burner warehouse and Unbroken Spring. The organization is known as (dba) Houston Burners, and occasionally by its acronym CHAPS.
(please note that many dates below have been updated since the original post, but the timeline remains similar and ends about the same time in June)
Board members meet monthly, serve on various committees, make policy for the organization, review and approve expenditures and disbursement of money, vote on actions to be taken by the non-profit organization, and collectively assume responsibility for organization-sponsored activities, such as Unbroken Spring. You can read about what’s expected of Board members in the Board Annual Commitment they are asked to sign.
Houston Burners needs people to add to the Houston Burners Board of Directors, and we’d like to hear from you. Do you know somebody you think would be a good choice for a board member? Would you like to serve on the board yourself?
Nomination Submission is now closed
- Anyone may nominate themselves or someone else
- Anyone may submit multiple nominations
- There is no minimum number of nominations a person must receive to be considered
- The nomination window closes at midnight on Wednesday Church Night May 4th so you will have 13 days to nominate
- Nominees that choose to apply will be asked to submit an application
- Applicants will receive the application form via email by Thursday May 5th
- Application window closes noon on Wednesday Church Night May 11th
- Applicants will be announced via online posts by midnight Thursday May 12th
Community Feedback Submission
- Community members will have the opportunity to comment on applicants through an on-line form, with option for anonymity
- Community feedback on board applicants will open when Candidates are announced on May 12th
- Community feedback form submissions will be open through midnight on Tuesday May 31st with just over 2 weeks to comment
- Applicants will be invited to in-person and/or virtual interviews with 2-3 current board members
- Interview period will begin on June 1st
- Interviews will be completed by June 15th
Incoming Board of Director member(s) Announced
We will announce the new board member(s) at Church Night on June 22nd!
As always, send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for participating!