What is UnBroken Spring?
Each year during spring break, the Houston area burner community holds an all-volunteer run, four day, experiment in temporary community inspired by Burning Man in celebration of art, music, creativity and radical self-expression. Other tenets that bind our community and influence the character of our events include:
- Inclusive and accepting, no prerequisites to join (other than being 21+ as required by the property owner)
- No spectators, solely volunteer operation
- A gifting economy means no money, vending, nor bartering are sanctioned
- A Leave No Trace event, we leave all spaces better than we found them and pack out our own trash
- Personal responsibility to a very high degree
- Universal respect for individuals & community
When and Where?
Unbroken Spring is held annually during Houston schools’ spring break in Liberty County about 45 minutes North-east of Houston. The closest city is Dayton, TX. Specific location will be provided to all ticket holders and in the Survival Guide. This year’s event is Noon on Thursday 15 March through 5 pm on Sunday 18 March.
UBS 2018 Theme < Fresh >
Our community voted for a short and sweet theme this year. This concept was proposed because it is simple and open. We want to inspire our community to explore and create artwork, theme camps, costumes, and entertainment in a new and different way.
Tickets are sold out and Ticket Transfers are closed.
- Guardians!!! 4 hour shifts OPEN all weekend
- Medical Lead- 6 hour shifts OPEN overnight shifts
- Rangers- 6 hour shifts OPEN overnight shifts
- Erectors- 2 hour shifts: fix stuff, build stuff plus and tons of other miscellaneous fun!
- Parking – 4 hour shifts: help facilitate permanent and temporary parking & help guide vehicles around the property
- Ice Sales – 2 hour shifts: Friday and Saturday, from 12 – 4 pm
To ensure the City is as fresh as possible, we have created the Needed Donation List.
Participate. Everyone is doing it!
You are what makes our event strong. The best way to experience unBroken Spring is to Volunteer!
We have a number of ways to participate during the event in our Art, Business, Operations and Safety departments. See a list of current volunteer opportunities at the bottom of this page.
If you have questions about volunteering, connect with the Department Leads and/or check in on-site at Greeters for the Volunteer Message Board.
Theme Camp Registration
A Theme Camp is a group of participants of any size who come together to gift art or experiences to the Unbroken Spring community. You may plan on bringing incredible interactive art or something small scale, or even a concept or performance that you want to share with participants. You may have a fun name or theme. You may have an elaborately decorated camp. Or not. There are no requirements. Your camp’s space will be placed on the map in a zone appropriate to your needs.
Theme camp registration is closed! If you haven’t already registered a camp, we’ll coordinate with you on-site to get you placed.
Art Car Registration
There will be a Department of Mutant Vehicles this year. If you are bringing an art car, Gate will coordinate an Operations escort to get you to your to parking spot and get your oriented to the event area and where you can and cannot drive the Art Car.
RVs will be placed by Operations. If you are bringing a RV, Gate will coordinate an Operations escort to get you to your campsite.
Art and Art Grants
Art Grant submissions are complete. Congratulations to those who received art grant funds! Check out their finished artwork on site.
We were really excited to offer funding toward community created art projects at the event through our UBS 2018 Art Grant Program. There are two levels of grants this year, the Village Art Pieces and the UBS FRESH Open Arts Grant.