Getting involved with projects is one of the best ways to meet new people in the Houston Burners community and bring an idea to life. Any and all skill levels are welcome.
We’re currently accepting new projects to reside at the warehouse.
If you’d like to help with a project or event, please fill out the form at the bottom to be put in touch with that project lead. Many of these projects are also discussed at our Weekly Church Night and have events and meetings scheduled on our Calendar.
If you’d like to add your project to the list below or need help creating a page for your project hosted on the Houston Burners website, please contact us. Note: projects housed in the Houston Burners non-profit have an asterisk. These projects enjoy sales tax, liability and insurance protection through the non-profit and have oversight from the non-profit’s board. Contact a board member if you would like to discuss housing your project in the non-profit.
- – Unbroken Spring Regional Burn*: The Houston-area burner community holds a regional burn during Spring Break (mid-March). This four-day event is dedicated to art, music, fire and radical self expression. Contact: Pyro Pantera and EpicFail
- – Houston Burners Art Car/Mutant Vehicle*: A 1995 Chevy Tahoe serves as the base for an art car we’ve taken to the last 2 big burns. Each year the car is redone to be on-theme for Burning Man’s art theme, and plans are for the car to attend UBS and the Houston Art Car Parade before again returning to Burning Man. Contact: Sharknado
- – Houpla Theme Camp*: Houpla is a theme camp dedicated to helping burners attend their first burn. It made its debut at 2017’s Burning Man and will attend 2018’s UBS and Flipside while hosting the Houston Burners BBQ Team at both. Houpla also plans to return to Burning Man in 2018. Contact: Sharknado
- – Houston Burners Community Truck*: The Community Truck project helps people get their stuff to and from Burning Man in Nevada. Additional drivers are always needed. Contact: Sharknado
- – Houston Burners BBQ Team*: provides food gifts at regional burns. The team is a friendly place to learn and practice food art skills. Contact: Sharknado
- – Houston Burners Quarterly Art Grant Committee*: manages a quarterly art call and $500 grant process for community projects seeking funding. Contact: Orange Mike
- – Houston Burners Warehouse Committee*: a group dedicated to keeping the Community Warehouse clean and a functioning maker space. Contacts: Gandhi and Tymo
Note: * denotes a project housed in our Houston Burners non-profit