Annual Report: 2019-2020
Join the Community for Virtual (Zoom) Townhall Meetings hosted by the non-profit board:
- 7-9 PM CST Wednesday January 13, 2021: Meeting Link here
- 5-7 PM CST Sunday, January 17, 2021: Sunday Meeting Link here
Do you have announcements you'd like to make at the Townhall? Please join us! (comments: firstname.lastname@example.org)
January, 2021: Houston Burners publishes this report annually(ish) to give a full and transparent view of the nonprofit’s activities. It includes financial details, recent organizational duties and responsibilities, accomplishments and goals. It also endeavors to reflect recent community focus areas well beyond the platform and resource base that the nonprofit represents, to help share the diverse interests of the burner community the nonprofit supports. These activities are only possible because of the entire community’s commitments to supporting the ethos of Burning Man in our region and the world. Thank you to all community members who participated in connecting and enlivening burner culture this year, and a special thanks to the volunteers who helped document and report their projects and adventures for this report.
2016 Johanna St. Community Warehouse
Anything but small group visits to our new 2016 Johanna Drive warehouse are temporarily postponed due to public gathering restrictions by Harris County authorities. We are monitoring public announcements from the Harris County Health website, and will update here when it is determined safe for proceed with limited, social-distancing gatherings. If you are interested in small group access please contact email@example.com.
Coronavirus precautions: radically inclusive with cautionary actions to ensure the safety of our diverse participants. RESPECT:
- Consent matters- Ask, rather than assume, if it is OK to hug, touch, or be in someone’s space
- Max of 6 people inside the warehouse at any time
- Wear your face mask! to protect others who may be at high risk
- Maintain 6’ physical distance throughout the meetup
- Distanced street parking leaves more space on the “patio” to talk outside and make some plans
- Best practices include: Signs to remind everyone of distancing, floor markers to help with traffic flow and direction, Disinfection of spaces before and after small gatherings, A collaborative intention to keep everyone safe
- If you feel unsafe, say so and find a way to make it better for everyone
- Board members all have keys and will be the leads on the micro meetups this month
- Sign up for a micro meetup HERE!
- Bring a face covering and wash your hands!
- Come explore the work space and build some dreams for future teamwork.
S E E Y ‘ A L L T H E R E ! ! ! !
If you're looking for info from announcements over the past year, please visit our archival page > Past Announcements.