Unbroken Spring + Board Recruitment update
Unbroken Spring 2020 planning and prep is well under way. December 4th is a special edition of Church Night at the Houston Burner's warehouse with tons of announcements, warm and delicious food/drink, and great company. Come learn more about UBS 2020 and how you can help participate with us as we go To the Moon!
Thanks to all who provided commentary on our public feedback form about the applicants below. We'll announce the results of the board recruitment at Church Night on December 18th.
- Elizabeth Johnson (aka Liz, Randy)
- Forrest Rattray (aka Mumbels)
- Patricio Marin (aka Picasso)
- Sy van Tran
Fall 2019 Board of Directors Recruitment
We are looking for people to add to the Houston Burners Board of Directors, and we'd like to hear from you. Do you know somebody you think would be a good choice for a board member? Would you like to serve on the board yourself?
- Nomination submission: Oct 16th - Oct 31st
- Application submission: Nov 1st - Nov 9th
- Community Feedback submission: Nov 14th - Nov 30th
- Applicant Interviews: Dec 1st - Dec 14th
- New Board Member(s) Recruitment Announcement: Dec 18th
Update Oct 16 :
The mission of Houston Burners is to hold space to light and sustain the flame of Burning Man's culture and Principles in the greater Houston community and to facilitate community artistic goals to that end.
The vision of Houston Burners is to educate and empower an inclusive and active community, guided by Burning Man's 10 principles to explore and develop art, culture, and self-expression.
- Our primary focus for the year is the Houston Burner warehouse and Unbroken Spring.
- We are looking at other warehouse and flex spaces for our community gathering space in 2020- if you have any recommendations please let us know!
If you're wondering what a board member does, their current responsibilities consist primarily of handling legal and liability matters and financials for the Houston Burner warehouse and Unbroken Spring. The board has spent time over the last few months doing succession planning, laying the groundwork to replace ourselves on the board, and establish a process for managing turnover.
- We are in the second phase of Board of Director recruitment in 2019. Bringing new members on will be staggered with the departure of board members stepping down.
- In 2020, we will proceed with one annual recruitment period beginning on October.
See y’all at church nites!
Curious about what else Houston Burners are planning in 2019? Click on the link below to join us as a member and learn more about events, art, education, and collaborative opportunities. And of course we’ll keep you in the loop on board nominations and business too. Looking forward to meeting you!